Thursday, February 28, 2013

First Vegan Meal

So I wasn't very prepared, ingredient wise, when I decided today today to eat my first Vegan meal.  The fridge was scarce at lunch time and I was worried I wouldn't be able to find enough.  Luckily I did it.  Here's what I had:

Spinach Salad:
2 c. raw spinach
3/4 of a roma tomato, diced
dressing: Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder

Wrap:

1 Mission Brand low carb flour tortilla
1 smooshed avocado with salt, garlic and onion powder mixed in
1/4 roma tomato, sliced

10 plain almonds

I didn't start getting hungry again until four hours later, which surprised me.  Tonight is our first Vegan dinner, but the kids don't know yet.  I'm not going to tell them until they've tasted it.  More on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment