Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day #5

Yesterday was a great day.  After breakfast I headed to the YMCA with "N" (18 months old) like I usually do Monday through Friday.  I did not feel like I had more endurance or energy than usual.  I did 2 sets of 12 reps on four different machines for arms/chest.  Sometimes I do less than 12 reps on my second set because it gets "hard", but I forced myself to do it.  Next I did 35 minutes on the elliptical machine that has the arm swinging things (I don't know what to call it).  As usual I had it set on 6 incline and 9 resistance.  Every eight minutes I go backwards for two minutes.  I told a couple people about my dietary changes because I'm just so excited.

Speaking of excited I have to say that I've felt so happy the past few days!  This was my post on Facebook yesterday:

"do you know how liberating is it to go to bed every night and not feel guilty about one single thing you put in your body? I feel so much better about myself!"

Another thing I've noticed is that it really feels like it is unifying our family.  It feels like a secret our family shares that sets us apart and makes us a team.  "P" (8 years old) is still wavering.  He loves buying lunch at school, and when I asked him yesterday if I should throw out March's lunch menu for school he said no.  Since I am not forcing the kids to do this I don't want to persuade him.  Maybe we'll limit the amount of bought lunches at school for him....the food still isn't that healthy even for non-vegan. 

Lunch was very yummy.  I mixed the rest of my left-over bean soup with the fajita filler from Sunday night's dinner.  I also had a mean green juice.  After lunch I used a 15 pound weight I have and did more arm stuff to work out my triceps.  I have a huge problem with getting my arms smaller.  I also did two reps each of three different ab exercises.

For dinner I made spaghetti.  Normally I'd used Barilla Plus angel hair or thin spaghetti, a pound of ground sirloin and two jars of Barilla Marinara.  Tonight I did a jar of organic spaghetti sauce (note to self: make homemade spaghetti and pizza sauce from now on), and added a puree of 2 cups carrots, 1 cup raw spinach, 6 fresh basil leaves and 1/4 cup fresh parsley.  I served it over the same Barilla Plus angel hair I normally use because I needed to use it up.  However:

Barilla Plus pasta is NOT vegan however MOST blue box Barilla noodles are (I still recommend label reading).

The pasta sauce with the puree was funky, so I think I'll just serve more veggies on the side and make it plain.  I also served fresh steamed green beans and organic unsweetened applesauce.  I have a great applesauce recipe I am going to use next time, substituting the refined sugar for the stevia/raw cane sugar mix I have. 

After dinner I cleaned out the pantry cupboard and the kitchen shelves.  I took a load of meat and dairy products to the neighbor (a bachelor in his late 60's), which felt so awesome since I was not only ridding us of it but providing him meals since he is not doing well financially.  I take him food all the time, and he said he's going to miss that.  I told him if I made something absolutely delish I would share.  We still have some straggling cheese, raman chicken flavor (the hubby likes) lunch meat yogurt butter and mayo.  These will get finished up eventually (hopefully).

I did feel all day that I had more energy than the average day.

No comments:

Post a Comment