Thursday, March 14, 2013

Disinfectant Spray

After watching Chemerical I decided to try to make my own cleaning supplies and most toiletries once my supply ran out.  I ran out of what I was using in the kitchen to clean the counters, which was Kroger brand multi-surface spray.  I bought this so I could also clean the glass in the kitchen and not worry about streaks.  I don't know how much I spent on it, but I would guess somewhere in the range of  $1.50 - $3 a bottle.  Yesterday I got what I needed to make homemade disinfectant spray:

INGREDIENTS:

2 tsp. Borax (found in the laundry aisle at the grocery store), and the box cost me $4.69
2 tsp. Baking Soda (a box of generic cost me 69 cents)
4 Tbs. Vinegar (a bottle was $2.49)
4 c. hot water
large empty spray bottle (I spent $1.99) but you could use an empty one from another product washed out well.

DIRECTIONS:

measure out Borax, baking soda and vinegar into bottle.  Pour in 4 cups hot water, replace nozzle and shake to mix.

Minus the cost of the bottle, this recipe costs a whopping 9 cents....I'm sold!

*you can also add about 20-25 drops of essential oil for added scent, but you must shake well before each use

*I used a funnel to get the ingredients into the bottle....makes it a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment