Friday, March 22, 2013

Food Food Food

I haven't posted a regular update in a few days on how things are going on the home front.  As you can probably guess being a new Vegan convert IS TIME CONSUMING.  I have been cooking a lot, and I wanted to share some of the recipes I've made the past few days that I really enjoyed.

Pizza Night:

Easy Home made Pizza Sauce Recipe

Low-carb Pizza Crust Recipe  (just 7 net carbs per WHOLE CRUST) I never made homemade crusts before and it was super easy.

Side of Cheesy Kale Chips


Dessert...mmmmm

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies  (three ingredients only)...unless you're me and you throw in nuts too


I love M-M-Mexican!!!

Sweet Potato Burritos  (leave out the cheese to make it Vegan or add your favorite cheese substitute)

Southwest Pasta Salad  (I wanted a hot dinner, so I added added a sauce made with vegetable broth, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder, garlic, pepper, apple cider vinegar and a roux made with earth balance and unbleached flour)  I also sauteed all of the veggies and added black olives


Tomorrow I am going to a local famer's market in the morning.  I am really excited to see if I can find some different items and better flavors.  I am very excited to start a vegetable garden this summer and I am hoping I can find some starter plants (I don't do well with seeds) that are organic.  If I can manage to keep it all alive it should save us some money.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment