Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Hummus

"I have made this quite a few times with lots of trial and error.  It's getting a good amount of tahini (not too much) and getting a good consistency.  I am on my third food processor since getting married and only my new one makes hummus smooth enough for my liking."


INGREDIENTS:

2 cans garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained (reserve liquid)
3 Tbs. Tahini (tahina)
1-2 Tbs. lemon juice (I use fresh squeezed)
1 teaspoon salt
6 cloves garlic, minced (less if desired)
DIRECTIONS:

In a food processor place beans and process until smooth.  While continuing to blend add tahini, lemon juice, salt and garlic.  Slowly pour in reserved liquid from beans until is the consistency you prefer. (I usually use 1/2 to 3/4 of reserved liquid)

Topping: (If desired...adds more fat)
a drizzle of olive oil
1 pinch paprika
1 teaspoon dried parsley
Serves: 16

Calories: 69
Carbs: 9
Fat:  3
Protein: 3
Fiber: 3
Sodium: 440

No comments:

Post a Comment