Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Mixed Berry Buckle

"I found this recipe originally on allrecipes.com when I was looking for a dessert to make with the over-abundance of berries I acquired from a sale at the market.  The first time I used blueberries, blackberries and raspberries, and this time I used blueberries, raspberries and strawberries.  I have changed the ingredients to be Vegan."



INGREDIENTS:

1/2 c. vegan butter
1 cup white sugar
2 egg-replacer eggs
2/3 c. almond or any other non-dairy milk
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
 4 c. fresh berries, diced
Topping:
 1 c. white sugar
2/3 c.  all-purpose flour
1 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 c. vegan butter

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In large bowl, cream 1/2 c. butter with 1 c. sugar.  Mix in egg-replacer eggs.  In medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt.  Mix flour mixture into the large bowl alternating with milk.  Pour batter into greased 9x13 pan.  Top with fresh berries.  In same medium bowl from flour mixture mix together topping ingredients, and sprinkle over berries.  Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.

Serves 8-10

No comments:

Post a Comment